Prof. S.M. SHAIKH
(BE (Civil), ME (Stru.), FIE, MISTE, MISSE. Ph. D*)
• 38 Years of Teaching & Industrial experience.
• Working as Principal at V.V.P. Polytechnic, Solapur since 2007.
• Specially Honored at DIPEX 1998, 2002, 2004, 2011, 2013 exhibitions.
• Worked as a Junior Engineer with the State Govt. Irrigation Dept. for 2 years.
Private organization :
A) Strength Designers, Sangli. (1977-78)
B) M/S B.G. Shirke and Co. Pune (1980-81)
C) M/S R.L. Dalal and Co. Pvt. Ltd. Bombay (1981-85)
D) Latthe Education Society’s Polytechnic, Sangli (1985-2002)
E) M/S Space Consultants, Sangli (1985-2007)
1) Fellow of Institution of Engineers (India) (FIE).
2) Life Member of Indian Society for Technical Education.
3) Member of Indian Society of Structural Engineers (MISSE)
4) Member of Engineers & Architects Association Sangli.
1) Planned setup for Kalpadrum Vidhan at Sangli.
2) Attended International conference of American Cement Institute (ACI) at Mumbai in 2007.
3) Attended International conference on ‘Green Building’ at Sangli.
4) Attended National Conference on excellence in Higher Education at IIT, Delhi.
5) Presented paper at International conference at Dubai on Sub-surface drainage in 2011
6) Attended world future energy summit at Abu Dhabi 2011.
7) Honored by a) Shri. Vilasrao Deshmukh (Chief Minister of Maharashtra),
b) Shri. Sharad Pawar (President NCP),
c) Shri. Mahadevrao Shivshankar (finance and irrigation minister of Maharashtra) for contribution in various constructions.
8) Received ‘Best Teacher Award’ of State Bank of India on the occasion of Teacher’s day in 2014.